Connect with us

BTNOMB

Two White Men Accused of Breaking Black Man’s Jaw in Racist Attack

East Cost

Two White Men Accused of Breaking Black Man’s Jaw in Racist Attack

Suspects: Maurcie Diggins, Dusty Leo

BIDDEFORD, Maine — Two White men in Maine now face charges after the state’s Attorney General’s office filed a civil complaint under the Maine Civil Rights Act for assaulting a Black man last month.

According to the attorney general’s office and court records, the victims was walking to a 7-Eleven on April 15 when Maurice Diggins, 34, and Dusty Leo, 27, drove up to him and confronted him while repeatedly calling him a racial slur.

The victim did not know either of his attackers, officials said.

Court records name Leo as the suspect who punched the victim, leaving him with a broken jaw. Officials say Diggins also struck the victim.

The victim was able to get up and flee from his assailants, but the two men pursued him in a truck, officials said.

The victim was able to get ahead by running into an alley, officials said.

“All Mainers should be shocked by this brutal race-based assault,” Attorney General Janet Mills said in a statement. “This attack has shattered the victim’s sense of safety. No person should be afraid to walk to a store for fear of being attacked due to the color of his or her skin. We filed this action to protect not simply this victim but any person of color who might be targeted by these defendants.”

Diggins and Leo both face aggravated assault charges. They have been ordered not to have any contact with the victim or his family.

Source

Continue Reading
Advertisement
You may also like...
Comments

More in East Cost

To Top
error: Content is protected !!